Returning your vehicle is an essential part of our relationship.
Follow these recommendations to ensure that the return of your vehicle is as easy as possible. By giving you the opportunity to terminate your contract with complete transparency and ease, we achieve our goal: your satisfaction.
Our Return Manual
You will know from the beginning what the conditions for return are and what is considered “normal wear and tear”. You can access our online vehicle assessment manual at any time during the duration of the contract.
Having clearly defined guidelines guarantees the objectivity of acceptable or unacceptable damage.
Loss of value
The condition is assessed based on the age and mileage of the vehicle.
How does it work?
#1 The 3 golden rules to respect
When returning your vehicle, it must be in good general condition, which means that during the duration of the contract:
- carry out the maintenance specified by the manufacturer at an approved repair workshop.
- initiate necessary repairs, if the vehicle is damaged.
- respect the number of kilometres specified in the contract.
#2 Wear and tear: The rules that must be observed.
Do not worry: The conventional use of your vehicle naturally leads to wear and tear, we understand that. This is why we do not charge you for certain damage resulting from normal use when returning your vehicle. However, some types of wear and tear may be the subject of an additional invoice on the basis of the return report.
#3 Prepare for the return of the vehicle
Arrange an appointment with your dealer before your lease expires. If you have renewed your contract, the return will coincide with the delivery of the new vehicle. Subsequently, the condition of the vehicle is assessed with your dealer. The guidelines contained in our return manual are the basis for a transparent assessment of the vehicle.
Normal or permissible wear and tear damage
The condition of the vehicle must be in accordance with the age and mileage agreed at the time of return. Therefore, traces of normal use that do not detrimentally affect the overall visual impression of the vehicle are accepted.
Damage known or not tolerated as abnormal wear and tear:
If your leased vehicle exhibits signs of damage caused by excessive or so-called abnormal wear and tear, which has a negative effect on the general visual appearance and/or a technical impact, this damage will be charged for.
Our 5 expert recommendations for a trouble-free return:
- Check our returns manual in advance and check out what is accepted or not accepted.
- Report any possible damage you may have, even without a third-party service provider, and have it repaired.
- Prepare the official documents related to your lease contract and whatever was originally supplied (spare key, owner's manual, service book if included with the vehicle on delivery) or accessories (navigation DVD, roof rack, luggage cover, etc.) for your vehicle.
- Make sure that you take all your personal belongings with you.
- Ensure that you return a clean vehicle both inside and outside and thereby avoid having to pay a cleaning fee.
Have you thought of everything? When returning the leased vehicle, you must return all accessories of the leased vehicle. Check our checklist and make sure you have everything you need.